Monday 17 June 2024

66.... where did that year go ?

 Its true, I have been busy for the past years after moving to Rossendale, House, business, life, all got in the way. 

Now I have retirement to contend with, though due to funds, I am still working and hope to include start/stop/finish some of the many projects in my shed. 

Not withstanding buying my Suzuki Burgman back off the guy I sold it to a year ago.

The Burgy is a big heavy scooter, automatic, comfy, rapid, and old, but it got me back into riding.

MOT next week and insurance / road tax . After many fixes and additions, its still a dog, but hey ho.


13 years ago I was on my way from Manchester CA to San Francisco after 8500 miles or more wandering the states doing the Manc thing.

Travel changes you, and that trip still creates great memories and a fair bit of regret bordering on depression that my five minutes of fame created.

Reaching 66 and feeling the pain of hard labour means the chances of certain bucket-listed stuff is further away than ever. For now......

Fly in a Spitfire.

Visit elephant, Orangutang, Rhino sanctuaries.

Travel through India and far east.

See the Peruvian Andes. Rio carnival, you know the kind of thing.

13 years of busy went like a flash in ya pants. But hey I have health (a bit), a beautiful family,

and a nice home....... oh and a battered old Suzuki. Not quite the Goldwing I rode back then but I am much older now and Wings are heavy. 


No comments: