Thursday 31 May 2018

7 years on...

7 years ago this week I was wandering through America visiting towns called Manchester.
My alter ego Harry Stottle Poet (see facebook/HarryStottlePoems or twitter @arrystottlepoet ) posted this .


Road2manchester.
Verse;
Not every day you set out, on a trip to change the world you know
Riding across American lands, ten thousand miles or more, to go.
Leaving my love behind me here, hope she knows that I love her.
The way is clear, so I must ride the Road 2 Manchester.
Chorus:
I have seen some Strangeway’s, the Rainy City shows,
packed my hat Ancoats, just in case it rains like home,
The Man can leave his home town, but does the Manc still sing
Three hundred years in the USA, what changes did that bring.
From the UK to the USA, a message from my town,
Deansgate, Piccadilly will these names be re-found,
Names that may be local to many more like us
Mancunians across the world, do you say BUS or BUZZ
Yank or Manc’ from back, far back in the day
Did your folks come from around here or as we say “our way”.
Black Puddings, Eccles Cakes, We have the cream of beers too
Fish and Chips in newspaper might seem obscene to you.
The firsts of Manchester history for ages long have been
Revolutions in industry, science and peoples dreams
From the Romans to the industrial age we invented innovations
We are half way north up in’th-ills in’t center of our nation.
With wonder, with music, with ideas that moved. the oasis of charm
around the world you hear that we greet with open arms
One thing is certain, that I can be so sure, as I travel near and far
You’ll find me on the road again the road to Manchester.

The 1 year anniversary of the Manchester 'Terrorist' bomb was last week. A young man influenced by his religion and those who want to change the very society that they use to thrive  but say they hate, walked into a pop concert and killed himself and many other your people. Adding hundreds to the injury list and for what?
Those that groom these young people to take their lives in the name of a unproved ethos are still around, still alive to get others to do the same.
One thing I learned on my travels is that people the world over a nice..... just normal, .... just living and enduring their own issues and daily needs.
Only leaders, religious, political and those so call 1% ers, who strive for power create the bad.

My Manchester has been through many such attrocities and survived, we will survive, we will continue. In my travels to 25 Manchester's I found friendly folk , smiles, welcomes and good cheer. I was welcomed into peoples homes.

THE WORLD IS A GOOD PLACE, PEOPLE ARE GOOD.

1 June 2018

I am 60 years old.

I am Harry Stottle, I am Pete Johnson. I am Road2manchester. 


No comments: