Friday 3 June 2011

3 STATES IN A DAY
























Seems like a long day all rolled into one. 19 days ago I set out from Boston and to date have ridden to Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Maine, Vermont, Connecticut all in the rain, then Toronto, Pennsylvania, Maryland, through Virginia to North Carolina, Kentucky, Tennessee Alabama (2), Georgia and back north managing Alabama to Kentucky via Tennessee in just one day. Today I visited Manchester Indiana a very pleasant small town nestled in what seemed like the county of Cheshire back home. Now I am just 12 miles from Manchester No 16 in Ohio.


This weekend another day off (thats the second in 20 days, huh!) I will be staying with music legend Missy Covill (see facebook and youtube) who has been following my progress since before I got to the US.


With a maxed out road temperature of 118F yesterday, it went from Barmy to balmy today with a mere 80F and cloud stopping even more burnt bits.


If you are in the UK, buy MCN (Motorcycle News) next Weds: for some stuff about the trip, and listen to Sidestand Down radio this Tuesday for my witty banter and general rubbish.




Thanks to the 6000 visitors to this blog, and my many facebook/roadtomanchester friends.


To date, the trip has been a pleasure and the people I have met have all been very pleasant, welcoming and interested in my quest.


May I send out my thoughts to the people in those states that I can not visit due to storm damage.










No comments: